Education and Training, Health, Meetings/Expositions/Events
4 Year Degree
The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) is a DC-based, fast-growing medical specialty association in the women’s health space dedicated to advocacy and education for healthcare providers who treat high-risk pregnant women and their unborn babies. SMFM is currently seeking a visionary, dynamic, and experienced Manager of Onsite Education and Exhibitor Support to lead the Society’s initiatives in post-graduate education at various educational events throughout the year.
SMFM offers great benefits, including access to several no- or low-cost health insurance plans, three weeks of annual leave and five personal days (2018), all observed Federal holidays, 8 percent salary contribution to a 401(k) plan after 6 months of employment, commuter allowance, flexible work hours, telecommuting once/week after 3 months of employment, a great team and a collegial working environment. We are a pro-choice organization and an equal opportunity employer.
If you are well versed in adult and/or medical education, can work proactively with volunteers and course faculty in curriculum design, have a track record of successful planning of meeting and event logistics, have the ability to anticipate and resolve issues on the spot, have superb attention to details and an exceptional customer service attitude, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you! Interested candidates apply online by clicking on the link on the right with a cover letter explaining interest in the position and qualifications, together with resume and at least 3 current professional references. Deadline is April 19, 2018. No phone calls please.
About the Job
The Manager, Onsite Education and Exhibitor Support for SMFM manages all aspects of planning and implementing SMFM’s onsite educational courses and associated exhibitor support tasks. The Manager, Onsite Education and Exhibitor Support ensures the proper implementation of event attendee registration and exhibitor applications, and coordinates CME and/or CEU accreditation. This role also provides support to the Director of Meetings and Events with annual meeting activities.
This role provides outreach, marketing and collateral materials for exhibitors, and helps develop exhibit and sponsorship opportunities with the Chief Relationship Officer. This includes site visits and space-planning; (5-6 exhibitors per meeting); answering any questions, processing registration and payments for sponsorships; and developing these plans in conjunction with larger course plan.
SMFM Annual Pregnancy Meeting
• Manages development of postgraduate courses and processes CME accreditation. (On average, SMFM provides 12 postgraduate courses during the annual meeting.)
• Communicates with postgraduate Course Directors regarding SMFM reimbursement policies, slide preparation instructions, preparations for course syllabi, compliance with deadlines, etc.
• Coordinates technical needs with A/V vendor for all postgraduate courses, working with Director, Meetings and Events to align expectations and budgetary needs.
• Acts as the onsite point of contact for postgraduate courses with faculty and Program Committee to resolve any issues that may arise during the meeting.
• Packs supplies, materials, books, etc. for shipment.
• Assists with data entry of exhibit applications, sponsorship applications, booth assignments and invoices.
• Processes exhibitor ICW (in conjunction with) meeting space applications.
• Assigns exhibitor promo codes and processes exhibitor registrations.
• Responds to exhibitor requests for complimentary mailing lists following established procedure.
• Collates exhibitor descriptions for the acknowledgement section of the meeting program book.
• Serves as a secondary contact for official exhibit contractors (i.e., installation/dismantle, audio visual, florist, and security companies).
• Composes correspondence relating to exhibit approvals, denials, requests for additional information on SMFM procedures and the exhibitor registration process.
• Provides onsite exhibits management assistance.
• Provides general administrative support to the meetings and exhibits staff.
Stand-Alone Postgraduate Courses (Average 10 per year)
• Assists faculty in developing course program.
• Researches potential meeting sites and presents options with data to Chief Learning Officer for decision making.
• Reviews contract for meeting space/sleeping rooms, handles all logistics.
• Sets, monitors and controls event budget.
• Provides Master Account rooming memo.
• Sets F&B budget/selects menus.
• Secures CME sponsorship and ensures compliance with ACCME related requirements/CEU credits.
• Manages the registration processes, answers phone calls and responds to emails regarding the courses; process cancellations and refunds.
• Operates the onsite registration when needed.
• Packs and ships supplies and materials needed for the course.
• Sends out all required materials after the meeting to the sponsor for the CME and/or CEU credits.
• Loads course presentations and course details into the mobile event app.
• Oversees registration numbers and works with Director of Communications to ensure marketing plan is executed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience, education, and other requirements
Bachelor’s degree (masters’ a plus) in higher education, educational technology or design, human resources development, educational theory, sociology, political science or other comparable background. Certification as a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) required. A minimum of three years of experience in assisting with or managing events, people or processes. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in meeting and exhibits planning. Experience with Microsoft Office suite and event management systems required.
The position requires a self-motivated individual who possesses excellent organizational skills, a high level of enthusiasm and initiative, customer service skills, exceptional communication and writing abilities. A detail-oriented individual with strong problem solving, and project management abilities. Ability to communicate well with management, co-workers and members both individually and in group settings. Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines, maintain confidential information and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Ability to travel.
About Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine is a 501(c)(3) medical association that supports the clinical practice of maternal-fetal medicine by providing education, supporting research, and engaging in advocacy, in order to improve the lives and health of high-risk pregnant women and their babies.