Position Summary: This position supports the membership and chapter relations departments at an exciting time of growth. Membership is the heart of WTS, and this position, reporting into the Director and Executive Director, will focus on member retention and benefits development. The Associate will be a key employee during an upcoming membership database migration and will focus their efforts on maintaining our current membership while finding efficiencies and improving our effectiveness in membership processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process new memberships and renewals
· Analyze and provide insights on member retention
· Track and analyze membership engagement and renewal trends
· Assist in developing a comprehensive benefits package for member at all levels
· Assist in developing a variety of digital assets and trainings on best practices in member retention
· Work with Director to develop and target growth of specific membership audiences
· Keep membership records up to date and accurate
· Provide member retention strategies to Chapter Leaders
· Working with Director, provide membership reports to Chapter Leaders
· Assist in chapter rebate process and tracking
· Assist in keeping chapter records
· Help maintain chapter databases
· Assist in tracking chapter outreach and engagement
· Work with Chapter Relations and Communications departments to provide content for chapter outreach and engagement
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree with an excellent work record. Should have 1-year experience in a membership position at a nonprofit or association. Experience working within membership databases required. A team player that understands the culture of collaboration. This person also has a strong attention to detail and is meticulous in data-entry tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment and Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
About WTS International
The Women’s Transportation Seminar International (WTSI) is an international organization dedicated to the professional advancement of women in transportation. WTSI attracts, sustains, connects and advances women’s careers to strengthen the transportation industry. With over 6,500 members in 57 chapters across the United States and Canada, WTS provides unprecedented access with members representing the highest levels of the transportation industry and offers programs attracting emerging leaders to careers in STEM. WTSI is helping women find opportunity and recognition in the transportation industry.