Reports To: President, Executive Committee, Board of Directors Category: Full-Time/Permanent/Exempt
The Association Chief Operating Officer (CEO) applies policies of the Georgia Association of REALTORS@ and the National Association of REALTORS@ to the Association while assisting in the formulation of Association policy to govern its operations. The CEO recommends and participates in formulating the organizations Vision, goals, objectives, and related policies. Within that framework, the CEO plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the organizations programs and activities to ensure that objectives are attained, plans fulfilled and requirements of REALTORS are met.
The Chief Operating Officer acts under the direction of the President through the authority of the Bylaws. In the absence of the President, the Association Executive gets direction from the Officers as indicated by the Bylaws.
Within the limits of the Bylaws and Policies, the Chief Operating Officer is responsible for and has commensurate authority to accomplish the duties set forth below.
1. Ensures that the President and President-Elect are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Association, and on all-important factors affecting them. Attends all meetings of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
2. Works with the leadership team and committee chairs to implement the decisions of the Board of Directors.
3. Provides the necessary liaison and staff support to committee chairs and committees to enable them to properly perform their functions.
4. Responsible for maintaining official minutes of Board of Directors and other official meetings of the organization. Attend and record minutes of Board committees such as Grievance, Professional Standards, Executive, and others as requested.
5. Attends Georgia Association and National Association conventions, conferences and meetings for up-to-date information on matters concerning real estate and methods of real estate Association administration, legal issues, Bylaws, Ethics, Professional Standards, Governmental Regulations and other pertinent matters.
6. The Chief Operating Officer serves as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
7. Serves as a member on the Association Executives Committee for the GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS@
1. Establishes a sound organizational structure for the Association office.
2. Recruits, hires, indoctrinates, trains and motivates staff personnel. Responsible for all promotions and terminations in conjunction with the President.
3. Obtains maximum utilization of staff by clearly defining its duties, establishing performance standards, conducting quarterly performance reviews, and maintaining competitive salary structure within the constraints of the Association's budget.
1. Maintains and enhances effective relationships with other organizations and sees that the position of the Association and its membership are enhanced in accordance with the policies and objectives of the organization.
2. Ensures that the website is kept current.
3. Ensures that the policies, programs, and activities of the association are communicated in a timely and accurate manner to the members through mailings, faxes, newsletters, emails, meetings and events.
1. In cooperation with the Budget Committee and VP of Administration & Finance, develops, recommends, and upon approval, operates within an annual budget. Ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the Board are appropriately safeguarded and administered.
2. Responsible for the billing and collection of membership dues and for submission of portions thereof to the National and Georgia Associations of REALTORS@
3. Ensures that dues and fees are collected, and that services are terminated for nonpayment in accordance with the Bylaws.
l. Ensures that all files, legal and historic documents and membership records are kept safe.
2. Prepares annual calendar of Association activities for the current and following year.
3. Acts as primary 'property manager" for all physical facilities owned by the association in conjunction with the Foundation President. This shall include ensuring that rents are collected, repairs are made as needed, and all other maintenance functions are performed.
4. Executes vendor contracts and commitments as authorized by the Board of Directors or within established policies.
5. Carries out such other responsibilities as may be directed by the Officers and Board of Directors.
6. Responsible for maintaining current membership records.
1. Administers the Professional Standards and Grievance processes to ensure that complaints are properly handled in accordance with current published policies and procedures. Must maintain current Professional Standards certification per the National Association of REALTORS@ requirement.
2. Stays up to date on overall general knowledge of the Code of Ethics and Arbitration procedures.
3. Maintain standards for GAR and NAR and make sure that the Association in on track for Cod of Standards certification.
High School diploma or Equivalent (required)
Associate degree or certification
Computer literacy (word, excel, power point, outlook, etc) (required)