NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join our Finance Department. This position will report to the CEO and will play an integral role in the maintenance of the overall financial plans for NTCA and all affiliated entities and accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of its financial reports. As our Chief Financial Officer, you will have the opportunity to partner with senior leadership to develop and implement strategies across the organization. You will also be responsible for direct budgeting, audit, tax, invoicing, collections, and accounting activities for the organizations and the trust programs associated with the NTCA-sponsored employee benefit programs.
What will you do?
1) Provide strategic directives to the CEO and executive team on behalf of all association entities.
2) Manage the Finance Division staff. Provide leadership and direction necessary to achieve performance objectives while maintaining a high level of employee morale.
3) Develop annual work plans and budgets for the division and is responsible for their implementation as finally approved.
4) Develop and interpret financial and accounting policies and procedures, including establishing internal controls for all financial transaction in the organizations. Ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
5) Analyze, prepare and periodically present financial statements to boards and other leadership in the NTCA membership.
6) Develop and recommend short and long-term financial plans for the Association. Approve and track individual division/department budgets. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
7) Act as lead management contact with independent external auditors on accounting matters and report on internal audit function and results to the various leadership groups.
The ideal candidate will have the following position requirements:
Advanced knowledge of Accounting and Tax Principles, Laws and Regulations for Associations and Employee Benefit Plans; Basic knowledge of Financial Investments Practices and Regulations, Current Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Computer Systems.
Strong analytical, interpersonal and oral & written communication skills; ability to work under pressure and take initiative; and developed leadership, management and public speaking skills.
Practical knowledge, skills & abilities usually acquired through an undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 10-12 years of related work experience with at least 8 years management experience. MBA and/or CPA certification desirable.
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and many more. We are committed to a culture of respect, innovation, collaboration and open communication with a passion for service to our rural broadband members and internal colleagues.We are located in a modern office within walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station.
NTCA is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
About NTCA - The Rural Broadband Association
NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association is the premier association representing nearly 900 independent, community-based telecommunications companies that are leading innovation in rural and small-town America. NTCA advocates on behalf of its members in the legislative and regulatory arenas, and it provides training and development; publications and industry events; and an array of employee benefit programs. In an era of exploding technology, deregulation and marketplace competition, NTCA’s members are leading the IP evolution for rural consumers, delivering technologies that make rural communities vibrant places in which to live and do business. Because of their efforts, rural America is fertile ground for innovation in economic development and commerce, education, health care, government services, security and smart energy use.