RILA is growing! Apply here: https://app.builtforteams.com/rila/jobs/9619fb79
At Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA), we convene decision-makers, advocate for the retail industry, and promote operational excellence and innovation. Our aim is bold but simple: to elevate a dynamic industry by transforming the environment in which retailers operate.
We are a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented trade association located in Washington, DC. Our employees have a passion for customer service and supporting our members and each other, and we are adding to the team! We are looking for a Manager, Data & System Applications interested in elevating our processes, organization, and member experience. This is not a job, but a professional journey – if a candidate has the right foundation of skills, an eagerness to learn and be part of a fun and talented team, the position responsibilities will come naturally. There are challenges and changes along the way, but we have a team that is eager to face them all together.
What we are looking for --
As one of our in-house systems experts, we’ll need this position to provide guidance to staff on effectively utilizing key systems such as our Association Management System, Email Marketing, Survey Software, and Event Platforms. We’re especially interested in candidates who consider themselves power-users and champions of their own AMS/CRM and understand the value of data and user experience.
At RILA, who you are means more than what you can do. Our culture is built to support those that are:
That said, skills do matter because our members, partners, and team deserve the best, but we don’t need you to be the best at everything because we do our best to fill each other’s gaps. We do ask that you be significant in a few areas:
- A top tier communicator with both written and verbal skills
- A commitment to customer and staff service
- Love of technology
- Knowledge of/interest in association database and systems
- Willingness to learn and evolve
- Organized with attention to detail
- A self-starter with a project management mindset
- Process-driven with a willingness to participate and recommend improvements
- And the most important skill of all – “figure it out”
A preview of position responsibilities –
- Assist in use of business systems that support internal operations including marketing, communications, events, sales, membership, and committee management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure data accuracy and operational efficiency, proactively identifying and implementing creative solutions, best practices, and procedures for business systems.
- Manage internal processes related to SAAS applications, including maintaining the AMS, creating and maintaining custom reports/dashboards, and supporting staff with committee creation and roster management processes.
- Support the creation and maintenance of events, registrations, and tickets for conferences, committee meetings, webinars, etc.
- Develop training materials for users across the organization and conduct appropriate training based on users' responsibilities and needed functionality.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, bugs, or errors encountered by staff and communicate with staff regularly on systems initiatives and upgrade statuses.
- Manage pre-, post-, and onsite event registration processes for all conferences, including list and report/dashboard management, customer support, registration setup and support, and backend registration and collections.
- Assist with membership inquiries, including troubleshooting and resolving login issues for end-users, and support customer payment processes.
- Travel may be required to assist with on-site registration at events.
What you will get from us –
At RILA, you will find humans, real people. We make mistakes and don't know it all. We do our best to learn and grow each day, driven by a passion for building leaders and cultivating an inclusive and easygoing culture. We promise that the work you do will matter and will have an impact on the vast retail industry and the communities our retailers serve. You will have an opportunity to grow and develop. You will become fast friends and become part of our RILA family. The work isn’t always glamorous, but we will challenge you, support you, and develop you!